Monday, June 6, 2016

Roots and Belonging to the Cosmos

The remake of Roots was recently shown on the History Channel as well as other channels like Lifetime Network, and LMN. It is a faction (i.e. based on fiction and facts) written by the author Alex Haley concerning his possible ancestor Kunta Kinte and following Kunta's lineage up through his offspring freedom after the Civil War. From science I come to the conclusion that I belong here on this planet from my understanding of evolution of the universe and my species by Natural Selection: all the events (probably by chance) from the big bang to the first hydrogen atom to fusion of hydrogen atoms into stars and planets to the first eukaryotic cells; the natural selection or environmental filtration of every ancestor from the first replicating DNA to my parents (again possibly by chance), to the probable end by heat death when the universe reach maximum entropy through the 2nd Law of Thermodynamics. I think there is probably no point to any of it, and so it is what it is and one shouldn't take any of it too seriously. Nevertheless, I belong or go with the Cosmos for I come out of it like Alan Watts puts it "What am I" "we come out the universe like an apple come out of an apple tree". For what it's worth, it's mine and I will make the most it. John D. Socrates a.k.a. The Skeptical African.

No comments: